Pronto Overview [ Pronto Overview, PDF ]
- What’s Pronto?
Pronto is an instant messaging and voice chat tool that allows students and instructors to spontaneously
meet live online at any time to discuss their coursework.
- Pronto automatically populates students’ contact lists with their classmates’ names, thereby making it easy for students to spontaneously collaborate. If you have used an instant messaging application before, many features may be familiar to you.
- Pronto automatically brings your classmates to your computer! The classmates tab is pre-populated with your selected courses, along with your classmates in the course who have registered with Pronto.
- You have the ability to organize your contacts into personalized groups. The contacts tab is your area for re-organizing these classmates into groups meaningful to you. It’s also a way to keep in touch with other Pronto users when your course ends.
- System Requirements
In order to use Pronto, your computer must meet the following minimum system requirements.
- Windows 2000+, Mac OS 10.3.9+
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)
- Internet access at 56k or above
- Sound card
- Speakers and microphone for voice chat. (Headset with integrated microphone recommended.)
Getting Started with Pronto [ Getting Started with Pronto, PDF ]
- Setting Up Pronto Account & Registration
- Download and Installation of Pronto
Using Pronto [ Using Pronto, PDF ]
- Logging In
- About the Interface
- Managing Contacts
- Sending Instant Messages
- Using Voice Chat
- Using Group Chat
- Saving Instant Messages
- Changing your Status